Christ Church Preschool Summer Camp
Summer Camp for Preschoolers Ages 3-5 (must be potty trained).
Let us take your preschooler on an adventure! Each week we will explore a new theme. We will immerse ourselves in each theme by reading books, making crafts, playing games, singing songs, and exploring the outdoors.
What to bring: Water bottle, daily change of clothes, lunch with drink, towel, close-toed shoes, Ziploc bag for wet bathing suit. Please arrive to camp wearing a bathing suit and sunscreen. Everything should be labeled with camper’s name. Snack will be provided.
Monday- Thursday, 9:00am to 1:00pm (Please bring lunch, snack provided.)
Week 1- June 17th-20
SuperHero Week: Our super hero campers will participate in a variety of missions that will encourage movement, creativity, and imagination! They will also learn the importance of helping others while building special friendships along the way.
Week 2- June 24th- 27th
Fun and Fitness Week: Join us for a week of fun and fitness, where campers get to learn, play and improve sports skills while having fun. Campers will exercise their gross and fine motor skills while they learn, play and improve their fitness skills.
Week 3- July 8th-11th
Treasure Hunters Week: Campers set sail on a pirate themed voyage. They will create pirate flags, make treasure maps, search for hidden treasure, and even test their balance and coordination skills by walking the plank.
Week 4- July 15th-18th
Silly Science Week: Campers will be exploring science this week. From making slime to testing out color mixing, our little scientists will make predictions and use every day ingredients to create some science fun!
Email Sally Farrell @ email@example.com if interested.
…..Coming S0on, fall of 2020 a faith based preschool for 3-5 year olds.
As an Episcopal school, the philosophy of Christ Church Preschool is to provide an enriching Christian environment that will enable each child to develop socially, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. We will also provide opportunities for creative, imaginative and artistic expression with an appreciation of a global environment. Christ Church preschool shall function as an integral part of the life of Christ Church and shall serve as an educational arm of its pastoral and missionary life.
Christ Church Preschool is a ministry of Christ Church Exeter serving children 3 years to 5 years from the community. Christ Church Preschool uses the Reggio Emilia approach as a basis for their program. It is an innovative and inspiring approach to early childhood education, one that values the child as strong, capable and resilient; children are rich with wonder and knowledge and we feel that it is our duty to nurture this wonder here at CCP.
We seek to promote a child’s full potential, intellectually, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
To accomplish this vision, Christ Church Episcopal Preschool provides:
- highly qualified career educators and administrators
- small class sizes
- daily prayer and focus on spiritual growth, community outreach, and Episcopal identity
- age-appropriate centers which include, language, math, science, art and music
- physical exercise and health education curriculum
- opportunities for students from all backgrounds
- safe, comfortable and well-equipped learning spaces
- diverse outdoor recreation
- a beautiful and safe campus
- a caring, supportive and nurturing community of teachers, parents, clergy and parishioners
At Christ Church Preschool, we believe…
- that children are born with a natural ability to learn from their surroundings and experiences.
- that all children have the right to a safe, loving and nurturing environment in which to grow and explore the world.
- in the collaboration between children, teachers, parents and community.
- the educator’s job is to support and deepen the innate affinity towards learning.
- that open and honest communication and dialogue among educators and families is a cornerstone to positive experiences for children.
- that all individuals are unique in their perspective and have the right to share their ideas in a respectful environment.
- in a high level of accountability of all to support the school environment.
- that the school creates an organic, dynamic and changing culture in which to navigate and grow.
- that a school is connected to a larger community and the school has a responsibility to enter into intentional and purposeful exchange with the community.
At CCP, we value…
- each child as a capable individual full of ideas and knowledge.
- the education of children at every age.
- the reciprocal learning of children and adults.
- life-long learning for all individuals.
- time as a necessity for exploration and learning.
- simplicity in form, function, process and policy.
- complexity in thinking processes, research and stages of development.
Much of what children learn at CCP grows organically out of their play and social interactions. The Reggio Emilia approach is both child-centered and directed; taking the philosophy that learning must make sense to the student in order for it to be effective and meaningful. Most importantly, a child’s point of view is completely respected.
We believe that a child’s inherent sense of curiosity will foster an interest in learning, allowing them to learn and succeed long-term. It is that curiosity and potential that should ultimately set the path and the direction that any and all learning will follow.
Much of the preschool’s philosophy of education is exhibited by using the Reggio Emilia set of principles:
- Children must have some say over what they learn; additionally, the senses play a big role in the learning process.
- Children must be able to touch, move, listen, see and hear in order to fully process something.
- Children are encouraged to interact with other children and explore the world through material items and relationships.
- Children should be encouraged to always express themselves and be given infinite means and opportunities to do so.
We are also guided by a scope and sequence of learning goals for each age group. We believe these goals pull together the best research about developmental stages, a number of respected curricula, and our own experience of how to teach, challenge, and nurture children.