Some good books being read this fall at Christ Church!
“The Very Good Gospel”- Living in Faith, Weds. 11:00-12:00
“The Price of Privilege”-Mothers of School Age Children- Starts Weds. Sept. 20, 7-8pm
“Wonder”- Middle School youth- Date and time TBD
Contact Mark Pendleton or Sally Farrell for more info.
Inquirers’ Class: What it Means to Be an Episcopalian
Throughout the year, the Rector offers a four week class to learn more about the Episcopal Church.
This class will help you journey more deeply into God, Jesus, the Bible, the Church, and things that matter. The class invites your questions about faith, and is created for all seekers – those who know very little, the spiritual if not overly religious, those who have wandered far away from church or have been turned off by religion, or those who haven’t examined their faith in a long time.
The Inquirers Class include questions like:
- What do I have to believe to be a Christian?
- What is the importance of the Book of Common Prayer?
- What do Episcopalians believe about the Bible?
- What is Baptism all about?
- Do I have to believe everything in the creeds?
- Was Jesus really God, or was he just a great and inspired teacher?
- Do Episcopalians believe that Christ is really present in Communion, or is Communion just a symbol?
- Why do some people cross themselves, and when do they do it?
- What is the world-wide Anglican Communion?
Whether you’re new to Christ Church and Christian faith, or have been a lifelong Episcopalian, this class may be just right for you. Stay tuned for the 2017-2018 dates. If interested please email to Rector at email@example.com or call the office at 772-3332.
Other Education Activities for Children & Youth
There are many opportunities for children and youth at Christ Church. Please click on each link below for more information.