OUTREACH ACTIVITIES 9:00 to 2:00 p.m.: The parish indicated strong interest in providing outreach during our celebration weekend. We have selected options that make it easy for everyone, regardless of age, to participate.
- FOOD DRIVE: During the month of September leading up to the 150th, we will be collecting food items to benefit the local food pantry at the St. Vincent DePaul Center. Our Youth Group has agreed to facilitate this effort! On Saturday the 19th we will be stationed at the Bandstand in Exeter, from 9am-2pm to gather food/ cash donations from the community. All donations will then be delivered that afternoon to the food pantry! How many multiples of “150” can we collect? Get ready to join the challenge!!!
- WONDERLAND: A group of 10-15 adults are needed to go to the Wonderland Thrift Shop in Stratham to help with sorting and organizing donated merchandise.
- ST.VINCENT DEPAUL CENTER: 8 adults are needed to assist the Center on Lincoln Street in Exeter with some painting projects.
- CHRIST CHURCH: Two simultaneous options for your participation will be going on in Harris Hall. These will be available from 9am-2pm for you to “drop in” as your schedule allows and the number of participants is unlimited. Adults and children alike may enjoy these “creative” activities:
- Meals on Wheels would like us to write/make greeting cards and notes to be given to their clients who receive meals. Also some Halloween decorations to later bring smiles to those faces!
- The Quilt Project, led by Jeanne Meserve, makes quilts to donate to people in need and we will be helping in various stages of the process. Perhaps cutting quilt squares, tying the knots on completed quilts, perhaps some sewing for the skilled….come and see how you can help bring comfort and love into someone’s life through this terrific project.
**PLEASE BE THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOUR PARTICIPATION WILL BE AS WE GIVE THANKS FOR ALL GOD HAS GIVEN THIS PARISH TROUGHOUT THE 150 YEARS!!!
Signup sheets will be posted in the Narthex and in Harris House beginning Labor Day Weekend! Do join us in these outreach efforts.
Attention Riverwoods and Langdon Place residents: If you would like to attend any of these events but need transportation, please contact Darla at the church office. We will arrange transportation for you