Seacoast Family Promise is Christ Church’s primary outreach ministry. During any given SFP week there are around 60 volunteer positions that need to be filled. We invite you to join us in answering God’s call to reach out in love to our neighbors in their need so that we can be assured of continuing this vital ministry.
Since there will never cease to be some in need on the earth, I therefore command you, “Open your hand to the poor and needy neighbor in your land.” (Deuteronomy 15:11)
During our host weeks, we feed, house and love the families as they work diligently with SFP staff to gain access to much needed services in the NH Seacoast region.
Our love and support for them during this difficult time allows them to focus on taking care of their families, finding jobs, practicing good health care, and many other important needs.
In order to support the SFP families, Christ Church needs to provide a significant number of volunteers. The guests arrive on Sunday and leave the following Sunday. The jobs are many and varied:
- Set Up- Assist in the setup of bedrooms and common areas for the guests. Generally, setup begins after the 10:00 AM service (9:30 in the summer) on the first SFP Sunday.
- Dinner Preparation- Prepare a meal for the guests – dinner must arrive at the church by 5:30 PM each night.
- Evening Host- Arrive at 5:30 PM, have dinner and visit with the guests until 8:30 PM.
- Overnight Host- Spend the night at the church with the guests from 8:30 PM to 7:30 AM the next morning. At 7:30 AM the guests go to the SFP day center.
- Take Down- Remove SFP setup items from the rooms and common areas. Restore the areas to standard design. This is done on the final SFP Sunday after the 8:00 AM service.
- Laundry- Wash sheets, towels and other items the guests have used.
- Transport- Transport the guests’ belongings to next church. Generally, this occurs around 11:00 AM on the final Sunday.
Christine Nelson, email@example.com or
Judy Blaisdell, firstname.lastname@example.org
to get involved!